Recipe by Jean #7
So easy - I have been making this for years and never bring any home when I take it to gatherings. I use low fat cream cheese and mayo making it healthy as well as tasty. The diced fresh tomato gives the salsa a fresh taste and the whole dip is juicy and delicious! I got the recipe from a magazine eons ago! (As you will see if you look at Layered Dip - Low Fat Version, using low fat/fat free dressings and cheeses cuts the calories nearly in half and it tastes just as good!)
- 250 g cream cheese (block, not tub, diet is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (or mayo plus Miracle Whip from Mayonnaise additive)
- 1 cup salsa (I use medium hot)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cream cheese and miracle whip. I use my food processor. (These days I only buy mayonnaise and add 4 tsp of Recipe #267595 additive to make Miracle Whip.) Spread in bottom of 9 inch pie plate.
- Spread tomato on top.
- Spread salsa on top.
- Spread lettuce on top of tomato and salsa.
- Finally spread cheese on top.
- Refridgerate until serving time.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Make ahead: Mix base, store in sealed container in fridge. Prepare and store remaining ingredients in zip lock bags. Then just assemble quickly at serving time.