Recipe by PSU Lioness
I haven't made this yet but I found it in a Quick Cooking magazine and I'm backing up my files. It looks delicious though.
Top Review by iewe
This was good. Did make them in smaller round loafs than called for as certain people don't like a couple of the incredients in their sandwiches :) But otherwise it turned out great, thanks!!
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 loaf unsliced round bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 1⁄3 lb sliced monterey jack cheese or 1⁄3 lb muenster cheese
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 lb colby cheese
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread in half; carefully hollow out bottom and top of loaf, leaving 3/4" shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, horseradish, and mustard.
- Spread butter on cut sides of bread.
- In the shell layer ham, 1/3 of the mayo mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, turkey, 1/3 mayo mixture, cheddar cheese, roast beef, remaining mayo mixture, tomato, pickle, onion and lettuce. Replace top.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.