Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't made this yet but I found it in a Quick Cooking magazine and I'm backing up my files. It looks delicious though.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 loaf unsliced round bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 1⁄3 lb sliced monterey jack cheese or 1⁄3 lb muenster cheese
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 lb colby cheese
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- lettuce leaf
- Cut bread in half; carefully hollow out bottom and top of loaf, leaving 3/4" shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, horseradish, and mustard.
- Spread butter on cut sides of bread.
- In the shell layer ham, 1/3 of the mayo mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, turkey, 1/3 mayo mixture, cheddar cheese, roast beef, remaining mayo mixture, tomato, pickle, onion and lettuce. Replace top.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
This was good. Did make them in smaller round loafs than called for as certain people don't like a couple of the incredients in their sandwiches :) But otherwise it turned out great, thanks!!
Another OUTSTANDING vote from me! I took this to my niece's birthday party and everyone loved it! I also used King Hawaiian Sweet bread and omitted the butter. Next time I will use a more sturdy bread as the Hawaiian tended to get a little soggy. The mayonnaise mixture was perfect for this sandwich and I loved the "bite" of the horseradish! Thanks for sharing, flipside!
This was OUTSTANDING!! I used King Hawaiian Sweet Round bread loaf and used olive oil butter inside both halves and I toasted the inside of the loaf before adding rest of the ingredients. I also added some swiss cheese along with the other cheeses. DH said this was something he could eat everyday and will be especially good while we were fishing this year. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful deli sandwich. :) Its a KEEPER !