Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- vanilla wafer
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 well beaten egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 well beaten egg whites
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 14 ounces Dream Whip
- coconut (to garnish)
- cherries (to garnish)
- Line a baking dish with whole vanilla wafers.
- Cream oleo and sugar, beat well.
- Add egg yolks, dates, nuts, egg whites and pineapple.
- alternate layers of cookie and filling, until you have 3 layers of cookie.
- top with dream whip.
- let set 3 hours before serving.
- garnish with coconut and cherries.
I pretty much followed your recipe, although I did use unsalted butter instead of oleo! Used Medjool dates & made sure the pineapple was well drained! Also used chopped almonds! No raves from my company, but still a nice dessert! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Fall's round of Pick A Chef]