Recipe by Dancer^
For a delightfully different appetizer, try this colourful layered party dip the next time you are entertaining a crowd.
Top Review by darcyh5
DH was not sure about the raisins, so I just didnt tell him they were in there. I took it to a party and it went over very well. One lady asked me, "who made that dip"? And I told her I did, she said it was the best dip she'd had in a long time. A few hours later, she told me again how much she liked it. There was a little left over (I have picky friends) and sent it home with the 'admirer'.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jar thick & chunky salsa (medium or hot)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (plumped in hot water)
- 1 cup light cream cheese spread, softened
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pimiento or 1⁄4 cup red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with seasonings for 5 minutes on high in large skillet.
- Drain off fat and blot well with paper towel.
- (This is important to final appearance of recipe).
- Add salsa and raisins and cook 5 minutes on low.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and sour cream and spread over a serving plate that has an edge.
- Top with hot beef mixture, well-drained pineapple, chopped green onions and pimiento.
- Serve immediately (or chill and serve) with rice crackers or sliced pita/flatbread.