For a delightfully different appetizer, try this colourful layered party dip the next time you are entertaining a crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jar thick & chunky salsa (medium or hot)
- 1/4 cup raisins (plumped in hot water)
- 1 cup light cream cheese spread, softened
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pimiento or 1/4 cup red pepper
- 1Brown ground beef with seasonings for 5 minutes on high in large skillet.
- 2Drain off fat and blot well with paper towel.
- 3(This is important to final appearance of recipe).
- 4Add salsa and raisins and cook 5 minutes on low.
- 5Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and sour cream and spread over a serving plate that has an edge.
- 6Top with hot beef mixture, well-drained pineapple, chopped green onions and pimiento.
- 7Serve immediately (or chill and serve) with rice crackers or sliced pita/flatbread.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Cuban Dip
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 177.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
thick & chunky salsa