Scrumptious-tasting cooking contest winner! This recipe was submitted by Louise Dodd. I found this this recipe in Salads Food Writers' Favorites. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 9 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Cranberry Layer: Combine gelatin and cold water in the top of a double boiler; over hot water, heat and stir until gelatin dissolves. Add cranberry.
- 2sauce, pineapple, walnuts and lemon juice. Mix well. Pour mixture into lightly oiled 3-quart baking dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3Chicken Layer: Combine gelatin and 1/4 cup cold water in the top of a double boiler; over hot water, heat and stir until gelatin dissolves. Blend in mayonnaise, remaining 1/2 cup cold water, lemon juice and salt. Add the chicken, celery and parsley. Stir to mix.
- 4Pour chicken mixture over the firm cranberry layer. Refrigerate until firm. To serve, cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Cranberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 156.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g