Recipe by Hey Jude
This can be 'litened' up by using low fat cream cheese, mayo and Monterey Jack cheese but it won't be as much fun. Cook time is actually the chill time.
Top Review by Bobbie
I've been making this same recipe for many years -- it's a crowd pleaser for sure! I have substituted some chopped up shrimp/prawns for the crab many times. It's equally as good. This is a very pretty addition to your Holiday buffet -- perfect colors.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) container lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- assorted cracker
- assorted fresh vegetable
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth; add lemon juice and next 4 ingredients and beat till blended; spoon mixture into a 9-inch serving dish; cover and chill at least 20 minutes.
- Spread cocktail sauce evenly over cream cheese mixture; top with crabmeat; sprinkle with cheese, green onions, bell pepper and ripe olives.
- Serve spread with crackers and fresh vegetables.