Recipe by Mille®
My boss brought this delectable stuff to a staff luncheon. She said that the spice measurements are approximate and to feel free to tweak tem according to taste. Easy to heat quickly in a microwave.
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 eggs
- 4 1⁄4 pints milk (U.S. pints – 68 fluid ounces)
- 30 slices white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in sauté pan.
- Add celery, onions, peppers, seasonings and spices and cook for about 4 minutes; set aside.
- Trim crust from bread slices and line bottom of a 20¾-inch by 12½-inch pan.
- Cover with a layer of crabmeat, followed by a layer of vegetable mixture and a layer of cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Whisk eggs and combine with milk, pour over bread.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for approximately 1 hour or until top is slightly brown.