Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from the Cleveland Hungarian Heritage Museum.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 10 -12 ounces meaty bacon
- 1 lb dry curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese or 1⁄2 lb bryndza cheese
- 1 lb sour cream
- Place cornmeal in a saucepan with four cups of water and cook until water is absorbed; set aside.
- Mix cottage cheese, crumbled feta cheese and sour cream in a bowl; set aside.
- Chop bacon and cook until done and drain on paper towels.
- In a square baking dish (9x9-inches), layer with half the cornmeal, half the cheese, and half the bacon. Repeat layer and top with shredded Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 325°F for 30-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.