Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good use for left-over cornbread. A delicious and hearty salad. Good for potlucks and family reunions. From Southern Living.
- 1 (15 ounce) bottle roasted garlic salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped smoked turkey
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, add the roasted garlic dressing and buttermilk; stir to combine.
- In a 3-quart glass bowl, layer with half the lettuce, smoked turkey, feta cheese, roasted red bell pepper, cornbread, bacon and green onions; repeat layers.
- Pour dressing over the top.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Note--I sprinkle a little salt and pepper as I am layering.