Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We have enjoyed this recipe since I found it in my 1974 Sachse Christian Church cookbook.
- 1 lb lean hamburger or 1 lb ground round
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked as directed on package
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Brown hamburger, drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, onion and pepper.
- Spread ½ noodles in Pam sprayed 2 quart casserole.
- Layer with cheese mixture.
- Layer noodles.
- Pour melted butter over noodles.
- Pour hamburger sauce mixture on top.
- Bake in 350° oven for 20-30 minutes.