Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The coconut filling in the middle if so good! You can of coarse use your own favorite brownie recipe for this and just add in almonds to the batter, but this brownie recipe is an excellent one!. I most always double the chocolate topping ingredients, but that is up to you. Cooking time is for baking the brownies only.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter (no subs!)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup full-fat whole milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (can use more or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Remove from heat and stir/whisk in the cocoa powder; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the egg mixture; mix/whisk until combined.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture; stir until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips (if using) and almonds.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 25-28 minutes (do not over bake!).
- Cool on wire rack.
- To make the coconut filling: in a saucepan, combine all filling ingredients; bring to a boil and stir until marshmallows have melted (this also can be done in the microwave).
- Pour over cooled brownie.
- For the topping: In a saucepan combine chocolate chips, sugar, butter and half and half or milk; bring to a boil, stirring until all ingredients are melted and combined.
- Spoon over the coconut filling.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Chill for about 3 hours or until set.
- Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.