The coconut filling in the middle if so good! You can of coarse use your own favorite brownie recipe for this and just add in almonds to the batter, but this brownie recipe is an excellent one!. I most always double the chocolate topping ingredients, but that is up to you. Cooking time is for baking the brownies only.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups butter (no subs!)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup full-fat whole milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 3In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- 4Remove from heat and stir/whisk in the cocoa powder; cool.
- 5In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- 6Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the egg mixture; mix/whisk until combined.
- 7Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture; stir until well combined.
- 8Add in chocolate chips (if using) and almonds.
- 9Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- 10Bake for about 25-28 minutes (do not over bake!).
- 11Cool on wire rack.
- 12To make the coconut filling: in a saucepan, combine all filling ingredients; bring to a boil and stir until marshmallows have melted (this also can be done in the microwave).
- 13Pour over cooled brownie.
- 14For the topping: In a saucepan combine chocolate chips, sugar, butter and half and half or milk; bring to a boil, stirring until all ingredients are melted and combined.
- 15Spoon over the coconut filling.
- 16Sprinkle with almonds.
- 17Chill for about 3 hours or until set.
- 18Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Coconut Almond Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (2861 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3696.5
- Calories from Fat 1802
- Total Fat 200.2 g
- Saturated Fat 121.3 g
- Cholesterol 563.3 mg
- Sodium 2082.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 476.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.0 g
- Sugars 381.2 g
- Protein 40.8 g