Recipe by tandtbledsoe
A delicious recipe that is taylor-made for the holidays by choosing colorful ingredients and creating Christmas color patterns.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mixed greens
- 2 (5 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package salad dressing mix
- bacon bits
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, cut into eight wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer all of the salad ingredients in a clear glass bowl in the order above, beginning with the greens and ending with the frozen peas.
- Mix the dressing mix into the mayonnaise to taste (about 1/2 to 3/4 of the package). Spread the mixture over the salad so that it is completely covered. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish the top by alternating egg and tomato slices on the top. Sprinkle bacon bits over the top.