Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful to serve to a group of about 8-10 people, great for a BBQ party. and can be all prepared hours ahead. It is delicious! You might want to double the dressing ingredients to serve extra on the side. All ingredients may be increased to suit taste. Make certain that the pea pods are very dry before layering in the salad.
- 5 -6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 -5 green onions, thinly sliced or 4 -5 thinly sliced red onions
- 2 -3 cups fresh snow peas, washed, ends snipped and and strings removed (can use frozen also)
- 6 -7 cooked boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups mayonnaise (Hellman's is best)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- In a large 4-quart glass bowl, spread shredded lettuce in the bottom.
- Top with 1 layer each of sprouts, water chestnuts, sliced cucumber, onions, pea pods and chicken.
- Spread the dressing evenly over the salad in the bowl.
- Decorate with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Cover tightly, and refrigerate until ready to serve.