Recipe by HeatherFeather
Different from the usual layered salads - this has a unique dressing with relish & raisins in it. Posted by request. This recipe was originally from Taste of Home magazine. Cook time is actually a chilling time - 8 hours to oernight.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed,divided
- 2 cups torn lettuce, washed & dried
- 1 cup cooked long grain white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded,chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 slices red bell peppers, for garnish (in rings) (optional)
- fresh parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, deep glass bowl, layer half of the chicken and then all of the lettuce.
- Combine rice, peas,& minced parsley and spoon over the lettuce layer.
- Next, layer on in order: tomatoes, cucumbers,bell peppers, and remaining chicken.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients and spoon over the salad- DO NOT STIR.
- Garnish with a circle of red bell pepper rings and a sprig of fresh parsley (optional).
- Cover and chill overnight or at least 8 hours.