Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cheese, broccoli, and chicken are always a welcome combo in my kitchen, but add Stove Top to the mix and you've got a tasty and filling casserole! My DH likes to eat it with a side of garlic toast and salad. I got this recipe from my school cookbook, I hope you enjoy it. It is excellent as leftovers!
- 1 (13 ounce) canned chicken, drained or 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 ounce) boxstove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on the package and set aside.
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Place broccoli evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle Velveeta cubes over broccoli.
- Combine soups and pour over cheese.
- Spread prepared stuffing evenly over all.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving to avoid a runny texture.
I read all the reviews and thought this would be a sure winner...We love casseroles so I was a little disappointed. We don't eat Velveeta so I subbed regular cheddar, it was ok, definitely wont be making this again. Just hope the leftovers get eaten...
It's a nice cheesey comfort-food casserole for a chilly night. It is quick and easy to put together and tastes just great! I do make a few changes though. I sub cream of mushroom for the cream of chicken. And I sprinkle a little poultry seasoning and thyme on the chicken before cooking. Thanks for posting!
Hubby says to Thank You for a great recipe. He loves casseroles and this one had him going back for a second helping. I used broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, added some chopped onion and a little extra cheese. It will be in his monthly rotation.