Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on a can of Old El Paso Green Enchilada Sauce. It is soooo good!
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canof old el paso chopped green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) canold el paso green enchilada sauce
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Heat oil in a small skillet to 350F.
- Softened each tortilla by dipping in hot oil for 2-3 seconds on each side; drain on paper towel.
- Place one tortilla on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese, ¼ cup chicken, 1 tablespoon green chilies, 1 tablespoon chopped onions.
- Top with another tortilla; pour 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over stack.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese.
- Repeat process with remaining tortillas to make 3 additional stacks.
- Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes.
This made a great filling meal and was easy to make. I like that it is something different from the usual enchiladas. Very tasty, cheesy and comforting. Thanks for posting!
Mmmm, we loved these easy enchies! Couldn't be easier to put together and bake. I used tortilla chips, slightly crunched, instead of corn torts, and I cheated and used canned chicken. Sure made it a quick meal! This one's a sure thing for busy people! Thanks, Kim, another 5* winner outta you! Thanks, Laudee
Excellent enchiladas! These were super quick to assemble and tasted great! I used a full 1 & 1/4 pound package of chicken breasts (cooked and shredded). I also used Sargento's Mexican Blend Cheese. Thanks for sharing a great recipe for times when you're in a pinch for a quick and delicious meal!