Recipe by Cookin'Diva
This is the type of recipe that suits a college student or inexperienced cook. I developed it for my son who studies at Purdue. Rather than rolling individual enchiladas, you create a layered casserole with the corn tortillas on the bottom. With the simplicity of canned ingredients, this dinner can be assembled, baked, and put on the table in 30 minutes. To serve, add your preferred toppings, such as sour cream, black olives, extra cheese and salsa.
Top Review by afredorap
Great recipe; I used 2% cheese and fat free sour cream, and it STILL tasted good! :) I ate it with a plain salad mix. It doesn't look all that pretty but it tastes like the real thing and is a cinch to make! Thanks for sharing!!
- 6 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) cancanned white chicken breasts or 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canother cooked chicken
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 4 ounces light sour cream
- 4 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 9x9 pan with non-stick spray (or spread a little butter around the pan to prevent sticking).
- Layer as follows: corn tortillas, chicken, chopped green chilies, sour cream (place spoonfuls randomly around the dish), cheese and green enchilada sauce.
- Bake 375 degrees for 20 minutes. (Or microwave 80% power for 10 minutes).