1/3 Photos of Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
This is my favorite Mexican casserole! I changed much of the original to suit our taste. I love it with a dollop of sour cream on top. My family loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or vegetable)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets enchilada seasoning (or taco)
- 1 cup water
- 12 soft flour burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (mild)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a large skillet, heat oil and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- 4Stir in enchilada (or taco) seasoning, 1 tbsp cilantro and 1 cup water; heat through.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in shredded chicken.
- 6Arrange 4 tortillas to cover the bottom of baking dish. Spoon 1/2 chicken mixture over tortillas. Evenly spoon 1/2 kidney beans, then 1/2 of corn, then 1 cup cheddar cheese over top for first layer.
- 7Repeat layers.
- 8Top with last 4 tortillas. Evenly pour salsa over top and sprinkle with Monterey jack cheese and remaining 2 tbsp cilantro. Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 1152.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: