Recipe by ~Barb ~P~
This is my first original and first post. Hubby loved it, so I had to save it!! Pretty healthy as well
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix (McCormicks)
- 1 (8 ounce) canof rotel tomato sauce (original)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 ounces of fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 ounces pickled jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups of mexican blend shredded cheese (divided)
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (mild)
- 3 -4 low-fat whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in olive oil until almost done.
- Add peppers, onions, and seasonings.
- Once chicken is no longer pink, add tomatoes, tomato sauce and pickled jalapenos
- Cook down slightly.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese and sour cream until well blended.
- In a 9x13 glass casserole dish, cover the bottom with enchilada sauce. Twice layer tortillas, meat mixture and end with tortillas, top it off with the rest of enchilada sauce and remainder of shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered @ 350 for 30 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes to set.
- Top with sour cream.