Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN.
Make and share this Layered Chicken Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons acceptable margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons wyler's very low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen vegetables, thawed (peas and carrots are always good)
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces cooked and sliced skinless chicken or 8 ounces cooked and sliced skinless turkey
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese or 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir until bubbly.
- Add instant bouillon and milk, stirring until thickened; set aside.
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- layer in baking dish: rice, frozen vegetables, mushrooms, chicken or turkey, and cheese.
- Ladle white sauce over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes- Serve hot.