Recipe by PanNan
This is an old family recipe I inherited from Mom. I remember having it as a kid (a long time ago). We still love it today.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken, cut in bite size pieces (mixture of white and dark)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 bag Frito corn chips or 1 bag tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chopped onion and garlic in oil.
- Add chicken pieces and brown.
- Add chilies and chicken soup.
- In a 13 X 9 X 2 baking pan layer 1/2 chicken mixture, 1/2 cheese, a layer of chips, 1/2 chicken mixture and ending with cheese.
- Bake at 350 til bubbly and cheese has melted.