Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
Preparation time does not include time for cooking the chicken (may use leftovers).
Top Review by rpgaymer
Really good! It's super-creamy without being loaded with calories, and I made it even healthier by using light mayo and replacing the cheddar with a smaller amount of parmesan. I might end up using saltines instead of Ritz crackers next time, and skipping the water chestnuts (they tasted out of place). Thanks for sharing!
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked according to package directions (or 2 16 ounce bags)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cut up
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Line bottom of 9x13 glass baking dish with cooked broccoli.
- Top broccoli with cut-up cooked chicken.
- Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, and chopped onion and spread this mixture over broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the previous layer, then layer with the sliced water chestnuts.
- For topping, combine the Ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Serve hot.