Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Preparation time does not include time for cooking the chicken (may use leftovers).
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked according to package directions (or 2 16 ounce bags)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cut up
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Line bottom of 9x13 glass baking dish with cooked broccoli.
- Top broccoli with cut-up cooked chicken.
- Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, and chopped onion and spread this mixture over broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the previous layer, then layer with the sliced water chestnuts.
- For topping, combine the Ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Serve hot.
Really good! It's super-creamy without being loaded with calories, and I made it even healthier by using light mayo and replacing the cheddar with a smaller amount of parmesan. I might end up using saltines instead of Ritz crackers next time, and skipping the water chestnuts (they tasted out of place). Thanks for sharing!
Loved it! Added some bacon, and didn't have cheddar so used a mix of blue cheese, parmesean and havarti (sounds odd but it worked). Thanks for posting Grandmals
Made this for a get together and got rave reviews - everyone wanted the recipe. Thanks for sharing your recipe!