Preparation time does not include time for cooking the chicken (may use leftovers).
Make and share this Layered Chicken Broccoli Casserole (No Canned Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked according to package directions (or 2 16 ounce bags)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cut up
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Line bottom of 9x13 glass baking dish with cooked broccoli.
- Top broccoli with cut-up cooked chicken.
- Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, and chopped onion and spread this mixture over broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the previous layer, then layer with the sliced water chestnuts.
- For topping, combine the Ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Serve hot.