Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a delicious salad, great to serve to company in the summer season (or anytime of the year!) Prepare this salad in a clear glass bowl to show off the colours. Serve with vinaigrette or buttermilk dressing. This salad should be made up to only an hour in advance as the tortilla chips will get soggy, best served as soon as prepared, if you are making this in advance, cover and chill. Can use more than 2 cups salsa if desired
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups purchased thick salsa, mild
- 1 head red leaf lettuce or 1 head any kind lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (can use more if desired) or 3 cups turkey (can use more if desired)
- 3 cups coarsley broken tortilla chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place avacodos in a medium bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup salsa, and mash to a chunky guacamole consistancy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large glass bowl, layer HALF of the lettuce, chicken or turkey, chips, beans, green onions, bell pepper and cheese.
- Top with half of the guacamole and half of the remaining salsa.
- Repeat layering with the remaining ingredients.
- Use additional salsa to cover top if necessary.