Recipe by Auvan
Absolutely delicious layered enchiladas. This recipe is very versatile. This is my version of a recipe I got from a Pillsbury magazine publication. The regular recipe called for Co-Jack cheese, fresh cilantro (2 T), and more green chiles. I sometimes add some fresh cilantro, but don't usually have it on hand.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, black beans and as much of the can of green chiles as you like. Mix well.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the sprayed baking dish. Place 4 tortillas over the sauce (overlapping as necessary).
- Spoon half of chicken mixture over tortillas and sprinkle with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Spoon half of the remaining enchilada sauce and half of the sour cream randomly over cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.