1/1 Photo of Layered Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
This comes from the "Heart and Soul: cookbook from Memphis.My whole family love this one. Good with plain buttered pasta and a green salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 cup sherry wine, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1Cook spinach according to the directions, drain, squeezing out excess liquid.Stir in water chestnuts. Set mixture aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3In a 12" skillet, arrange chicken breasts and add 1/2 cup of the sherry and the bay leaf. Bring to boil and cover and reduce heat , allowing to simmer until no longer pink, about 20 mins.Drain and set chicken aside.
- 4In the same skillet, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms, green onions and garlic over med heat for 5 mins, until tender, set aside.
- 5In a med bowl, stir together mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, sour cream and remaining sherry.
- 6To assemble, spread spinach mixture evenly in the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2 inch baking dish. Top with chicken breasts, artichokes,and mushroom onion mixture.
- 7Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and sprinkle with thr remaining parmesan cheese.
- 8Bake for 30 mins or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.4
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 873.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: