This comes from the "Heart and Soul: cookbook from Memphis.My whole family love this one. Good with plain buttered pasta and a green salad on the side.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 cup sherry wine, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Cook spinach according to the directions, drain, squeezing out excess liquid.Stir in water chestnuts. Set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 12" skillet, arrange chicken breasts and add 1/2 cup of the sherry and the bay leaf. Bring to boil and cover and reduce heat , allowing to simmer until no longer pink, about 20 mins.Drain and set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms, green onions and garlic over med heat for 5 mins, until tender, set aside.
- In a med bowl, stir together mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, sour cream and remaining sherry.
- To assemble, spread spinach mixture evenly in the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2 inch baking dish. Top with chicken breasts, artichokes,and mushroom onion mixture.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and sprinkle with thr remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 mins or until heated through.