1/1 Photo of Layered Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
This comes from the "Heart and Soul: cookbook from Memphis.My whole family love this one. Good with plain buttered pasta and a green salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 cup sherry wine, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1Cook spinach according to the directions, drain, squeezing out excess liquid.Stir in water chestnuts. Set mixture aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3In a 12" skillet, arrange chicken breasts and add 1/2 cup of the sherry and the bay leaf. Bring to boil and cover and reduce heat , allowing to simmer until no longer pink, about 20 mins.Drain and set chicken aside.
- 4In the same skillet, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms, green onions and garlic over med heat for 5 mins, until tender, set aside.
- 5In a med bowl, stir together mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, sour cream and remaining sherry.
- 6To assemble, spread spinach mixture evenly in the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2 inch baking dish. Top with chicken breasts, artichokes,and mushroom onion mixture.
- 7Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and sprinkle with thr remaining parmesan cheese.
- 8Bake for 30 mins or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.4
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 873.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 48.4 g