Recipe by hkcurry
This is a quick recipe that I got from a family cookbook. It seemed a little unusual to me at first, but it was a big hit with my DH! I like to use pecans in this, but you could use just about any nut. I like to chop the nuts, but you don't have to. I also typically don't use the whole can of pineapple.
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (21 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (21 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 1 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9 by 13 inch cake pan.
- Spread the cherry pie filling evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Slightly drain the pineapple. Spread pineapple over the cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the pineapple, followed by the nuts.
- Thinly slice the margarine and place it on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before cutting.