Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use either a homemade angel food cake or a store bought one. Super easy to prepare and the dish always come home licked clean. Works especially well when you need to prepare dessert for a large number of people.
- 1 prepared and cooled angel food cake
- 4 -6 cups prepared vanilla pudding, cooled if necessary
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cherry pie filling (Lite works fine)
- Tear the angel food cake into 1 inch cubes. Place them in a single layer in a 13x9 inch pan.
- (The pudding amount is 2 small boxes or 1 large US box pudding, either instant or cooked.) Pour the pudding over the cake; top with the cherry pie filling.
- Can also be layered in a trifle bowl or in individual parfait glasses.
- I've never tried it but I bet chocolate pudding would be good too. :).
This was a quick and easy dessert. My family really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
My 77 yr old neighbor does a holiday party every year for the ladies and asked me to find an easy but "looks like hard work" recipe. I chose this, she made half for us to sample and 4 of us all said 5 stars! She will be making this for her party and thanks you Marg for a spectacular recipe.
So pretty and very easy. A nice choice for last minute guests or potlucks. Thank you, I will make this again.