Recipe by Alleyjazz
I cut this recipe out of my local newspaper and altered it slightly to my tastes. This is a great summer supper. Perfect for a hot evening and it looks pretty enough for company when put together in a trifle bowl. Try different lettuces and dressings. It's also a great way to use your garden lettuce, cukes, and tomatoes. Speed up the preparation by using a bag of salad and a bag of shredded carrots. You can make it your own by adding herbs, avocados, artichokes or mushrooms or switching the peas for corn.
Top Review by mama smurf
I made this for Spring PAC 2011 and what a lovely salad to present and tasty to boot! I followed the directions although with the peas I did microwave them a little to take the chill off (like a previous reviewer) and I used ranch dressing.
- 4 cups bite size lettuce leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen baby peas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salad dressing, such as marie's creamy italian Ranch, Thousand Island
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced black olives (optional)