southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This rich cheese blend goes a long way at a party. Make sure you follow the directions so you will have 3 ribbons of color. Also, be sure to allow a good 8 hours of chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (18 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon of grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Beat at medium speed with mixer until blended; stir in pecans.
- 2Line a lightly greased 4-cup fluted mold or a 7 3/8 x 3 5/8-inch loaf pans with plastic wrap, allowing edges to extend over the sides of pan.
- 3Spread 1/3 of blue cheese mixture into mold and chill 1 hour.
- 4Combine remaining 3 ounce package of cream cheese and milk, beating well. Add cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients, mixing well. Spread over chilled blue cheese mixture in mold. Top with remaining 2/3 of blue cheese mixture, spreading.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- 6Unmold onto a serving plate; remove plastic wrap and garnish.
- 7Serve with ginger snaps or assorted crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Cheese Torta
Serving Size: 1 (1279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1159.4
- Calories from Fat 891
- Total Fat 99.0 g
- Saturated Fat 49.3 g
- Cholesterol 236.5 mg
- Sodium 1335.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 37.5 g