Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An attractive appetizer that is great for parties. Serve with water crackers or plain melba toast rounds.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- fresh spinach leaves
- Combine cream cheese, herbs, and pepper in mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Line a lightly oiled loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 2" overhang on each side. Carefully spread 1/3 of cream cheese mixture in loaf pan, smoothing to corners.
- Add layer of gruyere cheese and pecans. Top with next 1/3 of cream cheese mixture.
- Add layer of roquefort cheese and 1/2 cup chopped parsley.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture, packing firmly. Cover with plastic wrap overhang and chill at least 8 hours.
- To unmold, lift out of pan with plastic wrap. Invert onto plate lined with spinach leaves. Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with remaining fresh parsley.