Recipe by kmdipaolo
Cauliflower is definitely not one of my favorite things to eat, but I can't get enough of this salad when I make it.
Top Review by Shelly in Illinois
I have been making this salad for years, I get asked to bring it to all the potlucks I attend. Everyone thinks this is a wonderful salad, my husband always asks me to make extra to leave at home that he can have all to himself. The only thing I do different is after layering the lettuce,cauliflower, onion and bacon (in that order) I mix the mayo, sugar and cheese together and then spread over the top as the last layer.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In an oblong (13x10) dish, layer first lettuce then cauliflower.
- Spread mayonnaise over cauliflower, then make a layer of chopped onion.
- Spread bacon over the onion, then make a layer of Parmesan cheese.
- Last, spread the sugar over the cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight, then toss before serving.