Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Catfish Institute by way of Southern Living magazine.
- 3 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chili sauce
- fresh lemon slice
- Bring the water to a boil in a large skillet.
- Add in catfish; bring back to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat; simmer 5 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Remove fillets from skillet; drain well and cool slightly.
- Flake fish with a fork (may season fish with a little salt/pepper, if desired).
- In a bowl, stir together both packages of cream cheese and the next 4 ingredients until well blended.
- Stir onion; spread cream cheese mixture in a shallow dish.
- Spread chili sauce on top of cream cheese layer.
- Top with flaked fish; garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve with assorted crackers.