Prep 50 mins
Cook 35 mins
My daughters birthday is coming up soon and she wants a carrot cake. This one looks really good so I want to save it so I don't lose it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix and cinnamon. Whisk the eggs, orange juice and oil; add to dry ingredients. Beat until well blended. Stir in the carrots, raisins and nuts (batter will be thick).
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, orange juice and peel; beat until blended. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.
I'm rating the frosting--to die for! Didn't have carrots so used 1 large can of crushed pineapples; drained and used juice in lieu of orange juice. UPDATE: Made it with carrots; didn't like it BUT my husband loved it. I still prefer my version with pineapples. Thanks for sharing!
I had also posted this recipe but zaar deleted mine and suggested that I come post a review at your recipe. I LOVE this carrot cake and frosting. Its fairly simple to make and sooooo delicious. A crowd pleaser! I think this is probably the best out there and the only carrot cake i'll be making!
Great recipe.The orange flavor adds a nice touch,I dont know why I have never thought of that myself.Thank you.