Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice appetizer. Brie cheese will probably work as well.
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) round camembert cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sliced grapes, peeled and seeded
- Cut Camembert in half length-wise.
- Blend cream cheese with sherry,.
- add almonds and grapes.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon cheese mixture and spread rest on bottom layer of cheese.
- Place top on filling and garnish with reserved mixture.
- Serve with crackers.
The most freq European dinner party dessert is a combo of cheese & fruit (usually grapes). I chose this for PAC since it fit that ingredient profile & the presentation intrigued me. I took 1 liberty w/the prep & did not peel the grapes (I liked the added colour). I also added a bit of mint, mainly for colour again. The amt of cream cheese mix is more than enough for 2 4 oz rds of Camembert. I was not able to get 6 oz of the mix between 2 halves of a 4 oz Camembert rd, so had quite a bit extra. I found the assembly awkward, but managed it as you described. The taste is very good & this will be repeated, prob w/the Camembert rd split & the cream cheese mix mounded on ea half. Pls see my rating system & thx for sharing this recipe w/us.