Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From TOH. Cook time includes chilling time.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- whipped topping
- chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
- Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and nuts.