Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
A colourful addition to an appetizer platter. Especially nice at Christmas with the red and green. Use prepared pesto or make your own when basil is in season. Prep time includes freezing Brie for 2 hours.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs brie round
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 cup toasted almond
- pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover tomatoes with hot water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Chop in food processor.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice and process until mixture is pureed.
- Season with pepper.
- Set aside Freeze Brie for 2 hours to firm.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With sharp knife, split Brie in half horizontally.
- Spread base with pesto and then with sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Leave 1/4" from edge.
- Cover with top of Brie and press together gently.
- Bake for 10 minutes to just soften cheese.
- Top with pinenuts, pressing gently into skin of Brie.
- Serve with crackers and fruit for spreading and dipping.