Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is REALLY good! Another type of lettuce, such as Red Leaf or Hearts of Romaine, also would work great in this salad version of the popular sandwich.
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesthick bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 plum tomatoes (sliced thin)
- Stir first seven (7) ingredients until well blended.
- Layer lettuce, bacon and tomatoes in 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over top of tomatoes, sealing edge to dish.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle croutons on top and serve.