- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, currants, blackberries, and wine or apple juice. Let stand for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, puree raspberries and syrup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- To assemble dessert, spoon a layer of mixed berries into the bottom of 4 parfait glasses or wine glasses.
- Top with a drizzle of raspberry puree, then vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with a drizzle of raspberry puree. Garnish each serving with a sprig of mint. If desired, chill parfaits for 1 hour before serving.
- Variation: Substitute any other fresh berries for those listed above. Helpful Hint: You may substitute frozen berries for fresh, if desired, but frozen berries will exude more juice than fresh berries.