Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy recipe to double or triple. This is a lovely dish to make when wild berries are in season. Use a glass dish to showcase this lovely salad.
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup port wine, good quality
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1 cup cherries, sweet,pitted
- 1⁄2 cup red currants or 1⁄2 cup black currants (optional)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled,halved
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 4 sprigs mint
- Combine jelly, port and orange rind in a small pot.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off heat and cool.
- Place a layer of cherries in bottom of glass bowl, drizzle on a little syrup.
- Add a layer of currants and drizzle with sauce.
- Add a layer of blueberries and drizzle with sauce.
- Add a layer of strawberries and drizzle with sauce.
- Add a layer of raspberries and drizzle with sauce.
- Add a final layer of blackerries and drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Garnish with sprigs of mint.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I loved these, made them a couple of weeks ago and twice since but forgot to review them. It is amazing what port does to the berries, i don't even like port as a drink but it turns them into absolute decadent deliciousness
mmmmmmmmm is the only way to describe this baby! I had a bunch of "left over" fruits from yesterdays lunch. Made this exactly as written except omitted the blackberries because I did not have any of thouse on hand, other than that I followed as written with very good results. My whole family loved this dessert.