Top Review by Helenic Hottie
Big time crowd pleaser! I have been making Kittencals dip since waay back when I became a member, probably the first recipe I tried on here. I'm asked EVERYtime to bring m'dip. My boys and hubby request this every weekend too. YUMMO! Thanks Kitten =) You rock my world!
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon good quality garlic salt
- 3 -4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, plus
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (or use my homemade taco seasoning mix)
- 10 -12 green onions, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 cups black olives, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- corn chips or tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large serving bowl, spread the refried beans.
- Peel and pit and mash the avocados.
- Mix together the fresh lemon juice, garlic salt and tabasco.
- Mix with the mashed avocados to combine well, and spread over/on top the beans.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoing mix, spread over the avocado layer.
- Sprinkle with green onions, chopped tomatoes, olives and cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla and/or corn chips.