Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this often at my BBQ get togethers and have taken it over to parties many times, it's always a big hit! Serve it with tortilla chips on the side! My Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix works well with this recipe!
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon good quality garlic salt
- 3 -4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, plus
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (or use my homemade taco seasoning mix)
- 10 -12 green onions, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 -3 cups black olives, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- corn chips or tortilla chips
- In a large serving bowl, spread the refried beans.
- Peel and pit and mash the avocados.
- Mix together the fresh lemon juice, garlic salt and tabasco.
- Mix with the mashed avocados to combine well, and spread over/on top the beans.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoing mix, spread over the avocado layer.
- Sprinkle with green onions, chopped tomatoes, olives and cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla and/or corn chips.
Big time crowd pleaser! I have been making Kittencals dip since waay back when I became a member, probably the first recipe I tried on here. I'm asked EVERYtime to bring m'dip. My boys and hubby request this every weekend too. YUMMO! Thanks Kitten =) You rock my world!
Made this for our daughter's birthday party. We had 24 kids and 26 adults and this dip did not have any leftover. I would say that over half of the adults commented that this was the best taco dip ever. The only thing that I changed was I added hot salsa to the refried beans to made the bean layer easier to pick up with the chips. All I can say is YUM!
This went over really well at a father's day gathering with the extended family. Followed your recipe exactly as written. Layered mine on a clear platter type dish for a pretty presentation. Thanks Kit for a keeper. Made for NewZaar Tags.~