Recipe by Faux Chef Lael
This easy, tasty party dip can be served hot or cold and has been a major hit at parties. There's never any left to take home!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (I like Rosarita Chili & Lime flavored)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- black olives, sliced
- tomatoes, chopped
- green onion, sliced
- pickled jalapeno pepper, sliced
- salsa (red or green)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix refried beans and taco seasoning, then spoon into a 13x9 baking dish.
- In the now empty bowl, mix softened cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the can of green chilis. If you like it spicier, you can also had a few drops of hot sauce at this point and stir well. Pour sour cream mixture on top of beans in baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the two shredded cheeses evenly over the top of dish. At this point, you can bake the dip at 350 for about 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve the toppings in small dishes on the side. Personally, our family likes it cold, and it's easier to serve cold for parties.
- If serving cold, top with layers of remaining toppings, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, Allowing it to chill for at least 30 minutes will help to meld the flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or even sliced vegetables for dipping.
- TIP: I slice the toppings like tomatoes and olives on a layer of paper towels so that the juices get soaked up, and then transfer the toppings to the dish after they have had a chance to drain. This helps to prevent the dip from getting "wet" while refrigerated.