Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Taste of Home Magazine. A little different from your usual layer salad.
Make and share this Layered Basil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups salad greens (torn)
- 4 carrots (julienned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni (cooked, drained)
- 2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 3⁄4 lb ham (cooked, cubed)
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil (chopped) or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs (hard boiled, cut into wedges)
- In a 3 1/2 quart glass bowl, layer greens, carrots, macaroni, peas, onion, ham and cheeses.
- In a small bowl, combine the first six dressing ingredients; spread over salad.
- Garnish with eggs if desired.
- Cover and chill for several hours.