Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From TOH and posting for safe keeping. Cooking is chilling time.
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- sesame rice crackers or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrot, peanuts, onions, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, parsley, garlic and sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and pepper sauce until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining soy sauce until smooth. Spread evenly into a 12-in. serving dish.
- Cover with chicken mixture; drizzle with sauce.
- Serve with crackers or chips.