- 1 cup cubed chicken (I use the honey grilled strips)
- 2⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 30 wonton skins
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 drops red pepper sauce, if desired
- neufchatel cheese (less fat cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each wonton skin in half into two triangles. On 2 large ungreased cookie sheets, arrange wonton skins in a skingle layer. Sporay wontons with cooking spray. If desired, sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake about 6 minutes or until crisp; cool.
- In 1 quart saucepan, mix brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually beat in remaining ingredients with wire whisk. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with wire whisk, until thick. Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and milk with electric mixer on medium speed. Spread on serving platter at least 10 inches in diameter. Just before serving, spoon topping over cheese; drizzle with sauce, and sprinkle with cashews and green onions. Serve with crisp wontons.