Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Every time I serve this I'm asked for the recipe. It's fun to serve because not many people have had anything like this before.
- 3⁄4 cup choppeed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, DIVIDED
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup bottled sweet and sour sauce
- Combine cooked chicken, green onion, ONE tablespoon cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in small bowl. Mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- To serve, combine cream cheese and milk in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (about 1-2 minutes).
- Spread cream cheese over bottom of serving plate. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over cream cheese to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Top with remaining cilantro, peanuts and carrots. Drizzle with sweet and sour sauce. Serve with crackers.
- Note: Cooking time is actually the time for the chicken mixture to marinate.
Thanks for the great spread! Made it for the 4th get together. I did jazz up the cream cheese with diced waterchestnuts and chili paste.
I made this for a couples' dinner night at our house. The other couple was bringing homemade sushi, so I wanted to keep with the Asian theme with what I made. I ended up making some wonderful Thai vegetable coconut soup in the crockpot, and this recipe of the Layered Asian Appetizer. It was really unique in flavor and everyone remarked on how fabulously interesting and addictive it was. I served it with rice crackers which seemed to work perfectly with it. Would make again!
We all really liked this appetizer. I've made it a couple of times now and both times it's been a big hit. A great combination of flavors and very easy to put together. I normally don't care for sweet & sour sauce, but on this it was great. You can't go wrong serving this at your next party.