Recipe by Bobbie
Every time I serve this I'm asked for the recipe. It's fun to serve because not many people have had anything like this before.
- 3⁄4 cup choppeed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, DIVIDED
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup bottled sweet and sour sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cooked chicken, green onion, ONE tablespoon cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in small bowl. Mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- To serve, combine cream cheese and milk in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (about 1-2 minutes).
- Spread cream cheese over bottom of serving plate. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over cream cheese to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Top with remaining cilantro, peanuts and carrots. Drizzle with sweet and sour sauce. Serve with crackers.
- Note: Cooking time is actually the time for the chicken mixture to marinate.