Recipe by Michelle S.
I found this recipe last holiday season in the Milwaukee Journal. I like the fact it makes 2 bowls...1 for giving and 1 for KEEPING! The cook time includes the minimum set time.
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) canwater packed artichokes, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) containers whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, drained, pat dry and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop artichokes in food processor.
- Add lemon juice, chives, dill weed, and garlic powder; pulse to combine.
- With motor running, add oil in steady stream, until combined.
- Add Parmesan, pepper and salt; pulse to combine.
- Set aside.
- As follows layer the following ingredients in each of two 1 1/2 cup
- glass bowls: half of 1 tub cream cheese, a quarter of red pepper, half of the artichoke mixture, the remaining cream cheese tub, and a quarter of the red pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours or up to 1 week.