Recipe by Kaykwilts
I love apricots so when I saw this recipe I had to try it. I got this recipe a couple of years ago from a cookbook I checked out from the library. I can't remember which one. This is really good!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) package apricot gelatin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans apricot halves in light syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl beat flour and butter until blended.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread mixture into bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- cool in dish on a wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch and gelatin.
- Reserving juice, drain and slice apricots.
- Add enough water to reserved apricot juice to make 1 3/4 cups.
- Stir juice mixture into sugar mixture.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and becomes clear (about 26 minutes).
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir apricots into gelatin mixture.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Spoon apricot mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Cover and chill 4 hours or until set.
- To serve, cut into 3-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.